Friday 16 March 2012

Snappy Sounds Circus!!!!

Snappy Sounds Circus!!!!

We as a group decided on this book for our mini play that we must do in class because it is a fun and exciting book to read to kids. The book is fun and exciting because it has pop-up pictures inside as well as fun showtime sounds!!


This book also helps to build on children's vocabulary because in the book on each page they give you words with a picture. Flashcards can be made with the different words on. The teacher can go through the words with the children before he/she reads the book to help them to understand the difficult or unusual words in the story.


This book also consist of rhyme that will help to develop a child's phonological awareness.


Through this book children can also associate reading with warm, pleasant feelings while learning about words and language.




We definitely recomend this book to read to toddlers as well as  kindergarten.


Ronalda


The children enjoyed this book alot. I asked them to count with me when Barry counted to find his friends!









The pictures are COULOURFUL and there are interesting characters in the book.

The simple text make this a must for pre-schoolers

  
Ronalda





I read a book which was full of FairyTales... The children liked it because I read with passion, fun and smiles.... The Pictures was also big and childlike... In the book i read 2 stories- 3 little pigs and Snow White... As aids I had smaller books available for the children to look through and read.. After the reading the children told me stories out of the smaller book from there heads ofcourse and by looking through the pictures... I really enjoyed using my voice and actions differently for each character in my stories.
 
 
(Kaamilah)
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I read the book in the main activity in class and i played the role as the teacher... I enjoyed it because reading is a way to express oneself and to bring the children together and make them feel comfortable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the books that I read at the Maponya Mall Reading Programme. The children enjoyed the book especially the sounds inside the book. Each one of them wanted to press and listen to the different sounds. They were more focused on the sound than the story. When I used a higher pitched voice at certain places in the book, they were focusing again and looked at me while I was reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Sorry to everyone for this being so late. I will explain when i see u. I read Aliens love underpants. The book was very colourful and exciting. All the children i read to knew what aliens were and loved them. The cooked allowed the kids to interact with each other and me. We counted the underpants, discussed the different types me underpants we saw and chose our favourites. We spoke about ways to prevent the aliens from trying on underpants, i.e. Hanging it inside the house or watching it dry on the line. One child sat on my lap as we read and he seemed to really like that. This was a truly enriching experience :)

    ReplyDelete